Heinlein Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for people who are social and political iconoclasts (A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill. Robert A. Heinlein)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
FrauHirsch1

Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Just a note, almost all the food is at Johns.. he was the only one with any significant stores.
Back to top Go down
Turstan

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Greetings! Take all of this outside of the "game" cause obviously I'm not at the lookout at this time. Was gone for a while due to a vacation, back now and working in the lane to get ready to move over to the lookout. Things are in the works with Lurker. Hopefully I'll be pulling up over there soon.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Welcome! I also delayed my arrival to allow reasonable game time for us to strategicly stash the useful items from my home to a point where we can get it later, as well as to provide a reasonable explanation for getting quite a lot of stuff across the river.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:49 am

Did Lurker get his directions off? The Diesel storage area is NNW and the rail bridge would be west,, but neither is 1 mile away..

Or is he playing out a different scenario?
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:59 am

I am not sure what is going on with the explosions. The power plant should not explode at worst the coal could catch fire.
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:26 am

Ah, now it is explained in the game, a local fire.

One of my friends told me a coal fired power plant could explode a few hours after power goes out. Maybe that is waht the game master is doing?

But it should not go from our fire on the trestle (this is pretend apocalypse type role playing game for anyone reading in).

Unless he thinks you are blowing the power plant, not the diesel storage?

In any case, I'd expect a delay as we'd want to grab the boats first, then take out the diesel storage.
Back to top Go down
Turstan

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Well I've gotten myself into a predicament. Caught in a locked house by a man with a shotgun, bleeding and lightly armed. This could be the end for our intrepid trouble maker! Stay tuned for more, after this.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Oh my!
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:59 am

Talk your way out of it?

Is that the same house that is now surrounded?
Back to top Go down
Turstan

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:51 pm

It is the same house. I managed to get out just before they got there, but they found some of the tools I'd found. Problem is my arm's cut up a bit now and I gotta find some way to treat it. Last thing i need right now is a "everybody come out and show us your arms" deal. But the way they are handling this, its like I shot somebody! Maybe some bad luck will find its way to the lane...
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Cross the river we have meds. You would know that
Back to top Go down
Turstan

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 1:07 pm

I do, but it was mentioned that crossing the river with the cut pre-treated would be a bad idea (in a free helpful advice tip from Lurker) so the plan is to get a rough treatment at the med commons and go from there. Hopefully avoid any talk of the incident yet.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 pm

So I assume we got the boats, but what happened with the diesel?

If the diesel did not go, we should use the fencing and block the road in on this side of the storage facility. Make some more signs. One should be that the park is closed due to cholera outbreak fake CDC warnings.

Another should show a map to a 'emergency evacuation center" back by Armor lane, and show that along the river this is "not a through street". This should include a map for a detour route back out to the highway. Though they would be by hand, they could easily show there is no way along the river without crossing the Miami.

Meanwhile we should see who is left along the street next to the golf course. Some would have never come home, been on vacation, or just left due to lack of food and fresh water .

We could just go door to door pointing people to same emergency center or finding out if they are preppers..

Last edited by FrauHirsch1 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Jonathan, I assume you are sending IMs with both game masters for the group telling them what we Non-player characters are doing.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Right now I have been sick and a friend just died and honestly I am doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 5:58 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Since Jonathan is out for a few days... let me catch up on the what some of the NPCs are doing..

So that night the trestle caught fire, then we went to get row boats and canoes. What happened with the diesel storage? (didn't notice that one happening), I assume just the bridge burned? and the power plant is still ok (for now, would it be unstable?)
We then used the chain link around the diesel compound to block the road and say "Dead end - bridge is out. Danger - power plant is potential hazard" (which it is... )

The ways into the lookout are now boobytrapped, we are hiding our tracks.
Snares are set out for game, and we've been gleaning local herbs and eating eggs for survival.
Cooking on propane or only at night.
Fortified our springhouse with dirt bunkers.
Made some other bunkers too in strategic places
Cached non-perishables and survival supplies in various places around the park and island, as well as enough coal for the winter.
Boats are hidden along the Miami river.
Planted seeds/tending gardens
Made moveable chicken cage from green saplings
Probably dug simple trench latrines for now

Meanwhile a couple of us put up signs at the entrance to our nearby neighborhood that there is a cholera outbreak wtih some official looking faked CDC notices and that the park is closed.
Also a separate sign pointing people into town to the 'Emergency evacuation center" with a map.

Even if there isn't one actually there.

We also dressed up in as official looking park ranger gear and went door to door along the road behind the golf course encouraging those who have no food to go to the emergency center and giving them maps, and encourage any savvy preppers to join us.

Does this sound good? Anything else we did? How long to set up a fish weir?

Did we leave a way for Turstan to signal us from the shore?

Did we go back and get any of our caches or stuff from Jonathans farm?

We should provide a summary during this pause so the Game Masters know what we are up to.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:38 pm

There are veterinary hospitals in Lawrenceburg and another near the 275 and 74 junction, both very close to the river....

ar b gar... ahoy maties

Do we want to check them out?
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:41 pm

There is a huge Horse farm on the North road out of the Park. It is so large that it would have to have an on staff vet.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:20 pm

http://www.carriagehousefarmllc.com/Carriage_House_Farm/Carriage_House_Farm.html

Also on the hill above the farm there seems to be a Castle....well it has a turret and it is made of stone. It also has a helicopter landing pad and several large barns.

Edited to add

https://plus.google.com/photos/111049274851872732832/albums/5752225512602292977?authkey=CIuh-pjR8r2v2AE

These are pictures of Lost Bridge Farm the area that looks like a castle. The farm house is a mixture of stone and brick and has an observation tower. It is not just a helipad but a full small airport on site.

http://www.lostbridgefarms.com/30thAnivParty.aspx
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:14 pm

I think we should check it out to see how many people are there.
There are two mansions south across the woods from the farm that each have two ponds and a big pasture and are pretty isolated. The entrace is off Mt. Nebo Rd. We should definitely check that out and make contact with all three.

We should include Mt. Nebo, Cliff Rd, Dugan Gap, Shaker Villiage, Laurenceburg Rd, Miamview Rd., Rittenhouse, and Brower in our investigation. Find out if there are neighborhood groups forming or just people isolated.

They are far enough apart that they may not be forming groups.

The farm may or may not have its own residence, but it has beehives and other heirloom veggies planted. We could leave our plantings at the Lookout and go back to get them over time if the new mansions are better - especially if they are not occupied.

Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Checked with Lurker and he did not have the diesel supply do anything, just the tresle.

I don't think we should do anything, just move the fence so that it blocks access to the Lookout for now. Wait a week or so.

Not many diesels will be running yet and we might want to use it for tractors on that farm.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Also note that any horse farm will have many of the owners flocking to it to get to their beloved horses, so people will probalby be there at this point.

Note that the horse farm has angora goats... fiber, meat and milk.

There is a farm to the east of it too back in a corner, and there are homes tucked in the trees near the first farm you mentioned which grows food and has the bees.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:55 pm

That carriage house farm has been family owned since teh 19th c, they won't be hurting right now. Doubtful we could take that place, but perhaps we can trade.
Back to top Go down
Tomburr

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:53 pm

So, Lurker wants to know what our involvement with the Armour lane folks may be in the future.

I'm in favor of being involved at some level, if it makes sense in the game. As to how we interact with them...that entirely depends on whether or not they get in the way of our plans, whatever they may be.

I would rather we controlled our characters than have Lurker/Baron C controlling them, though I'm open to any ideas they may have on how our two groups meet up and what might happen.

What say the rest of ye?

In regards to the Castle, are we considering relocating there or just scoping it out/meet & greet with people that may be there already? I'm not against a move, if it makes good sense in regards to our survival.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heinlein Central :: Off Topic :: Prepping and Escaping the Grid-
Jump to: