Heinlein Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for people who are social and political iconoclasts (A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill. Robert A. Heinlein)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
FrauHirsch1

Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:56 am

They have a LOT of weapons and ammo. They could take us by sheer firepower.

But they only have a handful of shooters and I doubt they'd be that interested in being an aggressor.

I would slowly snatch/raid from distant areas on our side of the river to get back up goods.

I'm mostly worried about having to cross the bridge - someone will see or follow us, or give us some disease.

We will want to set up a few beds and be on rotating shifts. It will be tiring for this few in numbers.

We could say we are snagging some friends/relatives to add to our little group since we are NPCs.

3-5 more would be ideal - preferably someone with survival skills, and a few more resourceful and hard working women.

I have the inventory. I only gave a copy to John, minus my list, your list and Tomburr's list.

But I know exactly what they have.

John Springfield is the coolest, but he won't want to leave his farm yet. Wait a week.
Back to top Go down
Tomburr

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi,

Finally got over here to help plot some villany.

I've got caltrops to spread. Not a ton, mind you, but a decent bag of them.

I'm honestly not too worried at all about the group becoming aggressive. They're really high on their trip about maintaining a civil, moral society in the midst of chaos. Just don't tell them what all their neighbors are up to! Actually killing someone is, for most of them, a bridge much too far. It would symbolize The End of life as they knew it, and they're too afraid to come to terms with the facts. Instead, Gavin or Irish would probably tell the group to tie us up and try to turn us over to the Sheriff.

I perceive some of them as heel-dragging from the inertia caused by the sudden and unannounced crash of the whole system. They want to play this thing like the English, they're a little too "Stay calm and carry on" for me. Some of them are apparently just waiting for the lights to come back on, and that comes into their decision-making process. They don't understand how we could possibly come to the conclusion that this is long-term in such a short time. At any rate, they're too reactionary. They won't want to increase security, for instance, until someone proves that they need to by attacking them.
Others think they're on some Swiss Family Robinson adventure, and they're trying to build a transistor radio out of coconuts on day three of the outage.

In short, they're ripe for the picking to whomever wants to mercilessly crush them and take all their stuff. Should we try to do that? No, not necessarily. I'm fine with live & let live. But that doesn't mean I'm going to tiptoe around them, either.

Anyway,

Ingvarr would be a nice addition to our group, should he decide to join up with us, same for John Springfield. It'll just take a bit more time to win them over, but it would be worth it. I think we may have some sucess in the coming week, depending on what Conal lets me do with GJ. If folks knew that they can still participate in the game if they bug out, we'd get more recruits more easily.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:19 pm

I think we should start off just sneaking in and cleaning out our own stuff.

We've got 3 bikes with wagons and 4 horses, which could carry qutie a lot.

They really aren't guarding the chickens and don't have anyone left who knows how to take care of them or keep them from predation.

Having hives (even if we just move them closer to the bridge so we can collect them easier later) and chickens gone will rock them.

I already told Baron Conal I moved all my key stuff about 1/2 mile off. A small number could hold down the fort here (which would include me, because I'm a lame old lady, but a damn good shot and cold as cold can be about protecting my own :-), while the rest spends 2 days just moving all your and our stuff including hives and chickens way off toward the river.

Then later we can come get it, and when we have canoes and kayaks, we can ignor the bridge.

Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Technically there should be canoes at the boat landing in the park. We would just have to drag them from the pond to the river.

Also while working my Garden today I noticed that my Ex planted poppies, about two rows of them Smile I'm tempted to re-pot them and bring them along.
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:15 pm

After thinking about it, I think we should just snag our camp stove and a few of our propane bottles. Duh..
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm

wow, Ingvarr and Killkenny are getting pissy!

I should have left booby traps.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:29 pm

I noticed that. If they think that a location on top of a small Mountain also surrounded by a State forest and that has no main road going within miles of it is somehow going to attract the attention of thousands of refugees they are living in a dreamland. There are 800 thousand people on their side of the river and 1.2 million on our side. Either number is way to large. They are sitting inside an easily accessed pocket with a main hwy less than a mile away. They have no choke points at all. Our entire area is a choke point.

To get to our location a person would have to travel West away from the HWY. Then go North still far away from the highway. Then go West again. Then turn South away from the Hwy following back roads through a wilderness area. The road is not called cliff road for no reason either. That back road runs along a steep drop-off and is up hill for miles.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Another thing I noticed they will not even touch the houses of their Neighbors but they will rob our houses as quick as they can. It is that collectivist mentality I mentioned before.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:36 pm

I wonder if John Springfield will mention that I gave him a copy of the inventory, but minus our stuff...

Will they count the hens?

Jonathan, how far back from the house are your hives? how many acres is your property?
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:44 pm

FrauHirsch1 wrote:
I wonder if John Springfield will mention that I gave him a copy of the inventory, but minus our stuff...

Will they count the hens?

Jonathan, how far back from the house are your hives? how many acres is your property?

My hives are sitting in front of the side and front doors to prevent people without bee savvy from being able to access the house without being stung. In fact I was very specific about this fact early in the thread. I might want to remind Conal.

I have about 4 acres in and around the house and another 10 about a quarter mile away.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:56 pm

I think you should remind Conal about the bee defense.

We should come up with a list of what we are doing and just IM Conal about it as NPCs.

Does Tomburr return with Ingvarr or does Ingvarr go back alone?
What happened to Turstan, he left with you guys originally, right?

Things we could be doing:
Moving boats from pond to a hidden location near river and camoflaging them.
Creating some barrier around Springhouse.
Adding some booby traps to the most likely ingress points.
Gathering local food.
Rowing over and toting off our own caches.

I don't think we need to worry about a weir or sanitation for a few more days, just make a rule to go off in the woods.

We could even be gathering offline NPCs for our little group, people that we know in real life that we know would be good additions for survival. We could even add some from AA. Diereck would be a good addition.

For example, in real life, we'd have already had some of our fight practice ex-military people come to our house as a gathering point, who all have supplies and bikes, and one has a pre-computer diesel suburban.

Or even my mother and father (who are in their early 70s, but look 10-15 yrs younger, my parents are the best food finders and hard workers I know - and they are very cool, and reenactors), but more important, both are EXPERT marksmen with both bows and guns and expert hunters, trackers, and fishermen and 'rural people'. My dad has run into booby traps while hunting, that he has disabled (marijuana groves out in national forest). We could make some...

With another 5-8 people, we'd be very strong.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 3:18 pm

I think we can blow up the cliff rd and burn the train trestle and that would limit the ability to get in and out of the park to one road on the far side of the park. Miami view rd would be the only entrance.

The cliff road and the train track on that side can be destroyed by blowing up the Gas/diesel fuel towers about a mile north of our position. If that explodes the road will no longer exist.

We can burn the train trestle down by piling coal on it and lighting it. It will burn all the wood cross beams and make it impossible to cross.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 pm

I think ilsebet and her recon husband could end up joining us... that would be funny.

We could snatch coal and gas from cars in our to do list to Conal. Is there a way to mess up the railroad bridge so that it can be rebuilt in a year or so?

Then we could keep a watch on that bridge for people we are ok with joining us, because we could go pick them up in a canoe, but make anyone else walk through booby trap land.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nissan walks away too once it starts becoming very bleak. He seems practical.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Ingvarr bugged out but not to us.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Ah yes, noticed the same lack of coordination that I did...

What about us posting signs with skulls and crossbones and say "Quarantene: Cholera" or some other local scary disease on any ingress routes?

How would we blow up a road?
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Yellow fever is still common.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:39 am

I think Yellow fever won't be the big killer the first year. Sanitation diseases will be the big killer.

By catching the gasoline storage tanks on fire the road will melt more than it will blow up. It won't be impassable just not inviting.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:51 pm

That sounds fine. I was thinking that some signs faking CDC warnings might be a deterrant for any roads we cannot block. Like make them look official and say the park is closed due to potential contamination. Another option woudl be to say the park is closed due to contaminated water and sewer issues.

Its sounds like the 275 is blocked, so to get to the other side, we'd need to use canoes or rowboats. We might want to scavange for wire and other goods this side first and keep a low profile for days.

A feed store here would be good. Even most LEOs would not think of the med supplies and feed at a feedstore as useful.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:51 pm

booby traps might be wise.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Since there have been five days i arrived on day two. You arrived end of day three what have we been doing.

This is what I am doing.....

Day Two I arrive- check area talk to people at power plant. Scope out canoes at pond move one to the river side hide the rest adjacent to Guard Island. Set up hidden cache on Guard Island. Set up temporary fencing for horses. Set up quick and ugly chicken coop.

Day three start piling coal in and around trestle, cut wood for pikes to place atop roman style berm around spring house. Begin to dig Berm emplacement.

Day Four lay out caltrop area behind the Spring house mark placement. Continue with berm and sharpen pikes. set pikes as berm is built.

Day five start fire on trestle and in gas/diesel storage area. Ride over to other road with rest of men cut down trees and drag trees across road set up cholera outbreak signs.. come back later in day and Set up quick garden area and continue building berm.

Take turns manning the lookout tower. Rotate about every two hours four at night.

Last edited by Gideon on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:31 pm

Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 Explos10
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:50 pm

Looking carefully at the area, I think we would recon without contact the more remote homes close to us, If they appear to be occupied and doing fine, we could make contact and make deals. If they are failures, leave them.

There is a home not far from the coal plant. If it is unoccupied, we can scavenge them, same with a few others on the edge of our border.

I can't find the pond, maybe I'm missing it. There are boats along the river, so someone may have a rowboat, canoe and I think I see a kayak.

The boat ramp at the Lookout is silted in and blocked from the river. I would want to pull boats into the bushes anyway.

There is ample coal, we can do enough trips to last us all winter before the powers that be actually think about it (because the weather is still warm).
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:52 pm

The boats are just past the diesel storage area along the river. We can stash them near the side by the island and camoflage them.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Zoom in closer the closest building to the power plant that isn't part of it is a barn that is out by itself.

The group of houses on the other side of the golf course are Huge. I'll bet very few of those people were home when this happened. Middle of the day most of them work.

The pond is to the North of the powerplant and to the west of the cabin. I don't see any canoes near it.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:03 pm

One of the Mansions just past the Golf Course has a pond in the back yard and if you zoom in you can see a two person paddle boat laying on the shore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heinlein Central :: Off Topic :: Prepping and Escaping the Grid-
Jump to: