Heinlein Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for people who are social and political iconoclasts (A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill. Robert A. Heinlein)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:30 pm

My guess the people in the "castle" and the farm below it are pretty well off and probably armed to the teeth. Unless it is a bunch of rich liberals then they will have no weapons and somebody is going to go in there and take them over at some point. I doubt that since the owners are construction workers. I think we fortify where we are and trade with the people there as things get better.
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
Tomburr

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Okay, sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 1:42 pm

I think both farms are likely to be occupied, but we can scoot the people from homes near the golf course towards an 'emergency center" and look for any dead people. At day 9, I would expect some suicides when food and water is gone.

I think we should try to claim all the Dugan Gap properties and up past the diesel storage area as "our' Neighborhood group.

Keep the preppers, enoourage others to go where food is.

We should make a wier and then walk up to the farm with fish and wild edibles to strike up a deal where we trade/work together. We need to show them we have skills.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 2:00 pm

I think we should get beds, bedding, linens and nice kitchen stuff from the empty homes along Dugan Gap road. But I think we should haul a bike and wagon over by boat, secretly take one or more beehives back, and go get stuff from both of your houses and maybe start grabbing some of of our things that would make life more comfortable - like games, books, musical instruments, and slowly grab all the cached items so we each have all our total survival stuff.

There is a farm house along Dugan Gap road that has a big barn that looks interesting and it has more horses.

We should try ask about getting some of Jonathan's Chiickens back too, that would be an interesting and telling interaction.

We could try to buy or steal a goat or two from that horsefarm if they are are not totally armed.

I think the horsefarm will be full of yuppies and the real working farm will be armed to the teeth.

Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:16 pm

I think we should invite Lurker to this thread. I dont think we have done that yet have we. I am pretty certain I sent Baron Conal an invite but he has been gone.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Sounds ok to me,

It would be nice to invite Sasha too.

He'd be great for boat advice..
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:37 pm

We could go get our chickens, garden plants, and the bees.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 pm

They are fortifying the place i doubt we could get in. We don't need them. The chickens will naturally make more of themselves if we let one bird go broody. Bees hives are more than plentiful in this area we can probably barter for a couple from the two farms.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:04 pm

I think in reality we'd just keep low and work with the locals.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:34 pm

I want to gather a few more bikes and horses if possible so we can have enough boats, bikes, horses to split however we need to.

I'd like to look for a few of these at the empty houses and convert them into bike carts, but lightening up the box:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200308231_200308231?cm_mmc=Aggregates-_-Shopping-_-Grounds Maintenance>Wagons + Yard Carts-_-125431

We need to set up a defense/warning system for everyone on this peninsula, make friends with the horse farm peeps by trading fish from our weirs to them. We don't have to tell them how we are getting the fish.

I assume that after we've sent the unprepared or ill away to the evac centers, we have about 60% of the houses empty, but they are far apart, so we need some warning systems - guns, drums, horns, flare guns, etc gleaned from the empty homes and spread around.

I think we should be very frank about what is coming and encourage ever 10 houses to creat a fort and a fallback position. We should booby trap all entrances and exits into the peninsula (not that people can't come by boat), but we should work wtih other leaders to establish lookout/watches for all obvious entry points.

We still don't have to tell them where we are living or just set up a false location in one of the empty homes where we can get hot showers if we bucket fill the water tank and cook since they are on septic and propane in this area. Its a big area to patrol, but we need other NPCs in the area to be very strong. If our neigbhors are overwhelmed, we could be too.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:41 am

Its kind of interesting that certain AL folk are suddenly very righteous about their ownership of our property and our stuff. Neither the farm or my property were defended or even in the defense plan, which was one reason I bugged. Anyone could have come from the woods and jumped my fence and be living in my house. Same with Jonathans - because they have ignored them. I said John S. could take care of and have the fruits of my garden, but he has never indicated that he has been doing anything with it. The plants are probably pretty poor shape by now - raised bed, no rain.

I purposely left instructions for John S about appreciating not breaking into my house just to see if they would do it! And also the inventory, which he never has publicly posted that he has it.

The attitude that "we can just give away the food that you've prepped for", when they HADN"T prepped, and the food was not theirs, was also a reason for bugging as well. I would not have taken on the kids or Hedinn -I would have pointed them to the medical center or sheriffs. And the irresponsibility of the others wandering off on larks and working on unimportant projects when there was hard work to be done seemed just way too frivolous to me.

The thing about suddenly "finding" stuff is that Baron Conal said "you provide and inventory by tomorrow evening and that is what you are stuck with for the rest of the game." So I gathered the inventory and had them double check for seeds and such in several IMs and public posts. I find it interesting that after me begging for salt (which was not used that much in the dried meat, which won't last that long anyway), suddenly some shows up.

Lurker, if you are here, did I email you the inventory of what they really have? IM me your email on AA if you want it.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 pm

In all Honesty the vast majority of SCA people are the last sort of numbskulls I would ever want to be stuck in a crisis situation with. This doesn't go for all SCAdians but the vast majority are either far left hippies without a clue, urban hipsters without a clue, or weird know it alls who don't really know anything past a few medieval skills or having some rank in a club but these make them experts in all manner of things.

That's why I don't play well with them.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:52 pm

I hope it goes long enough for their pet food to run out.

Some had food for a week, some had maybe a few weeks, but now its getting down to feeding pets or the extra people they added... it will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:06 pm

In all honestly I got a little bored being the NPCs that nobody really cared to utilize so I haven't posted. I think in the real situation the Armour Lane folks would have long been overrun by people trying to either get the truck or stealing their stuff.
Back to top Go down
FrauHirsch1

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:14 pm

That part may still come up soon.

They gave us an opportunity to interact and we chose not to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out   Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Armour Archive Armageddon the NPC bug out
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heinlein Central :: Off Topic :: Prepping and Escaping the Grid-
Jump to: