Heinlein Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for people who are social and political iconoclasts (A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill. Robert A. Heinlein)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A question: screen formatting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GSlob

A question: screen formatting Empty
PostSubject: A question: screen formatting   A question: screen formatting EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:21 pm

In my computer ignorance I would like to ask, whether it is possible to change the screen settings so that the text appears as the black [or other dark, black is better] letters on a white/bluish background? It would make reading the posts much easier. If such a change is possible, I would like to ask for "how to" instructions.
Back to top Go down
gcruse

PostSubject: Re: A question: screen formatting   A question: screen formatting EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:35 pm

GSlob wrote:
In my computer ignorance I would like to ask, whether it is possible to change the screen settings so that the text appears as the black [or other dark, black is better] letters on a white/bluish background? It would make reading the posts much easier. If such a change is possible, I would like to ask for "how to" instructions.

I use Seamonkey, a browser from the Firefox/Mozilla family. By going into edit/preferences and selecting appearance, I can set a white background, black text, and by selecting "override site colors" get white background and black text.
Back to top Go down
GSlob

PostSubject: Re: A question: screen formatting   A question: screen formatting EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 pm

gcruse wrote:
GSlob wrote:

I use Seamonkey, a browser from the Firefox/Mozilla family. By going into edit/preferences and selecting appearance, I can set a white background, black text, and by selecting "override site colors" get white background and black text.
I'm using Firefox 3.6.28, and I do not know where such controls can be found in it.
Back to top Go down
gcruse

PostSubject: Re: A question: screen formatting   A question: screen formatting EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:52 pm

GSlob wrote:

I'm using Firefox 3.6.28, and I do not know where such controls can be found in it.
I'll look into it. In the meantime, you could reconfigure Internet Explorer to do what you want thusly ----

To Override website font and color settings
If you want to have the fonts and colors you specify in Internet Explorer to be used for all websites, regardless of the fonts that have been set by the website designer, follow these steps.

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
On the General tab, click Accessibility.
Select the Ignore colors specified on webpages, Ignore font styles specified on webpages, and Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check boxes, and then click OK twice.
Back to top Go down
gcruse

PostSubject: Re: A question: screen formatting   A question: screen formatting EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Back to top Go down
GSlob

PostSubject: Re: A question: screen formatting   A question: screen formatting EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:05 am

gcruse wrote:
GSlob .... go here ....

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Changing%20fonts%20and%20colors?s=color+font&r=0&e=es&as=s
Thanks a lot. There was that "override the page selection" option I have not had a slightest idea about. But now it is much better.
Back to top Go down
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: A question: screen formatting   A question: screen formatting EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:50 am

I suggest redoing the screen colors.

The current ones are a major pain to read, and actually discourage reading.

/The Curmudgeon
Back to top Go down
desertrat

desertrat

PostSubject: Re: A question: screen formatting   A question: screen formatting EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:53 am

Maybe it's because I now have a high res monitor, but the default forum background and font colors don't cause me any problems. Actually, I kind of like seeing a white font against a dark background.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: A question: screen formatting   A question: screen formatting EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 am

Ill try to set up some options as soon as I have time.
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question: screen formatting   A question: screen formatting Empty

Back to top Go down

A question: screen formatting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heinlein Central :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: