Heinlein Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for people who are social and political iconoclasts (A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill. Robert A. Heinlein)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll

Go down 
+2
The Rev Kros
Gideon
6 posters

Should we move Religion under pseudoscience?
Yes
Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll Vote_lcap120%Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No
Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll Vote_lcap180%Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll Vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll Empty
PostSubject: Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll   Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Should we move Religion under Pseudoscience?
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
The Rev Kros

The Rev Kros

PostSubject: Re: Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll   Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:21 am

I say no in that the idea of religion would probably fit best under the umbrella term of philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll   Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 am

The Rev Kros wrote:
I say no in that the idea of religion would probably fit best under the umbrella term of philosophy.

Your post made me think, I may add a philosophy section under culture.
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
The Edge Man

The Edge Man

PostSubject: Re: Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll   Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 am

I'd say no. Except for Creationists, few religions pretend to be science. Perhaps a separate Loony Group.
Back to top Go down
balrog666

balrog666

PostSubject: Re: Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll   Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:13 pm

No. I see no point in being insulting to those who believe in any religion.
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Admin
Nilla

PostSubject: Re: Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll   Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:48 pm

balrog666 wrote:

No. I see no point in being insulting to those who believe in any religion.
Exactly. There is enough of that on DC. Just leave it where it is.
Back to top Go down
GSlob

PostSubject: Re: Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll   Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:03 am

No. Religion as a sociologcal phenomenon is, or could be, a subject of pretty serious science [sociology, in its non-PC variant]. Some of religion aspects [the teaching of the world, for example] could be swept under the pseudosciences, though. Thus, it all depends - on what aspects one is dealing with. Some of these are dead serious, others not at all. And since the aspects of interest are precisely the serious ones and not the abstruse questions like the number of angels capable of simultaneously dancing on the tip of the needle, or the symbolism of episcopal vestments, to sweep it all into pseudosciences would be erroneous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll   Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we move Religion under pseudoscience? Poll
Page 1 of 1