Heinlein Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for people who are social and political iconoclasts (A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill. Robert A. Heinlein)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Terra Nova is dead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

Terra Nova is dead Empty
PostSubject: Terra Nova is dead   Terra Nova is dead EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Thank God Fox has decided to pull the plug on this nonsense. Scifi entertainment is in enough trouble both in TV and books...this albatross was making the entire genre look a fool.
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
Poohbah

Terra Nova is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova is dead   Terra Nova is dead EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Gideon wrote:
Thank God Fox has decided to pull the plug on this nonsense. Scifi entertainment is in enough trouble both in TV and books...this albatross was making the entire genre look a fool.

If I were working on a sci-fi series, I'd start with the idea that in a couple hundred years, we'll still have nations, and we'll still have national rivalries, even if we end up having those rivalries " . . . IN SPACE!" (/tvtropes mode)

A universe with alien contact AND terrestrial rivalries would be pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
NicknamedBob

Terra Nova is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova is dead   Terra Nova is dead EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Poohbah wrote:
Gideon wrote:

If I were working on a sci-fi series, I'd start with the idea that in a couple hundred years, we'll still have nations, and we'll still have national rivalries, even if we end up having those rivalries " . . . IN SPACE!" (/tvtropes mode)

A universe with alien contact AND terrestrial rivalries would be pretty interesting.

Elements of that sort of thing were in Stargate SG-1. Especially with the Russians.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

Terra Nova is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova is dead   Terra Nova is dead EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:09 pm

NicknamedBob wrote:
Poohbah wrote:
Gideon wrote:

Elements of that sort of thing were in Stargate SG-1. Especially with the Russians.

Was the Earth a one world Government on "Space Above and Beyond"? I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
NicknamedBob

Terra Nova is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova is dead   Terra Nova is dead EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Gideon wrote:
NicknamedBob wrote:
Poohbah wrote:
Gideon wrote:

Was the Earth a one world Government on "Space Above and Beyond"? I can't remember.

I don't think I ever watched it. For what it's worth, in a story I'm writing set a couple hundred years in the future, that concept is implied. The government never seems to get in anyone's way. Contradictory notions?
Back to top Go down
kevindavis338

Terra Nova is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova is dead   Terra Nova is dead EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Now I wish the SyFy channel stop showing the Ghost shows and start showing real SciFi, I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Terra Nova is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova is dead   Terra Nova is dead Empty

Back to top Go down

Terra Nova is dead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heinlein Central :: Entertainment Discussion :: TV and Movies-
Jump to: