Heinlein Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for people who are social and political iconoclasts (A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill. Robert A. Heinlein)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents Empty
PostSubject: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Quote :
Members of the North Carolina Wildlife Commission will hear from supporters of a Randolph County man whose nine pet deer were shot and killed last year by state biologists.
http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/10812868/

Weird little piece to start us off with. Why is it any different having a pet deer from say having a pet horse? What gives the state the authority to kill an animal you own?

Last edited by Gideon on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
Peep

Peep

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:21 pm

After last years experience i can understand permits for "exotic" animals but deer? really?
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:32 pm

What happened last year?
Back to top Go down
Peep

Peep

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:40 pm

One of our local losers set his tigers, lions, bears etc lose and shot himself. If you look up Zanesville and wild animals it should show up in a search engine.

You ever try explaining to a 4 yr old that he can't go to school because a tiger might be out there?
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Even with the problem of people letting their wild animals loose I am still not interested in legislation banning the keeping of exotic pets. Maybe a local city ordinance but not an overall ban.
Back to top Go down
Peep

Peep

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:50 pm

I"m not open for a ban but there has to be something to make sure that the animals are well cared for and the general public is safe.

Deer on the other hand...eh, you want a herd , keep a herd. Not like they are gonna escape and eat your face off
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Admin
Nilla

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Peep wrote:
I"m not open for a ban but there has to be something to make sure that the animals are well cared for and the general public is safe.

Deer on the other hand...eh, you want a herd , keep a herd. Not like they are gonna escape and eat your face off
Some dude in the Bronx of all places kept a tiger in his bathroom. I asked my five year old if she thought that was a good idea and if she wanted a pet tiger. She laughed at me of course.
Back to top Go down
Peep

Peep

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:33 pm

I have a rule that i don't keep a pet that could eat my face off on a good day. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:42 pm

I have a very similar belief about not allowing big cats to roam freely around me although I have dogs that could kill me easily in my sleep (but dogs are human so they don't count).

However I encourage stupid people to own exotic cats, elephants, hippos, apes, and monkeys of all kinds. These are the kind of people that nature would have killed off a few hundred years ago now they breed like wildfire with no natural predators.
Back to top Go down
doc30

doc30

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Gideon wrote:
I have a very similar belief about not allowing big cats to roam freely around me although I have dogs that could kill me easily in my sleep (but dogs are human so they don't count).

However I encourage stupid people to own exotic cats, elephants, hippos, apes, and monkeys of all kinds. These are the kind of people that nature would have killed off a few hundred years ago now they breed like wildfire with no natural predators.

Who cares if they eat their owner .. but they certainly are not appropriate in an urban environment. In FL, they have started licensing and regulating ownership and a ban is being considered. FL has a problem with invasive species because there is no cold weather to kill them off.
Back to top Go down
gcruse

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 pm

doc30 wrote:

Who cares if they eat their owner .. but they certainly are not appropriate in an urban environment. In FL, they have started licensing and regulating ownership and a ban is being considered. FL has a problem with invasive species because there is no cold weather to kill them off.
It's not just animals. As my sig says on DC, the reason there are some many crazies in Florida is that if you pass out in the snow, you die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents   Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents Empty

Back to top Go down

Pet Deer killed by Wildlife Agents
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heinlein Central :: Political Discussion :: State and Local-
Jump to: