Heinlein Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for people who are social and political iconoclasts (A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill. Robert A. Heinlein)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College

Go down 
+3
lurker
Gideon
gcruse
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gcruse

George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College Empty
PostSubject: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:09 pm

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, has been withdrawn from school at Seminole State College by school officials, citing safety reasons.

SSC officials released a statement saying, "Due to the highly charged and high-profile controversy involving this student, Seminole State has taken the unusual but necessary step this week to withdraw Mr. Zimmerman from enrollment. This decision is based solely on our responsibility to provide for the safety of our students on campus as well as for Mr. Zimmerman."
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/George-Zimmerman-withdrawn-from-Seminole-State-College/-/1637132/9679944/-/b30kt1z/-/
Back to top Go down
gcruse

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Duke University redux?
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:25 pm

gcruse wrote:
Duke University redux?

Possible but in truth the guy really should be arrested for manslaughter he was at least 50% responsible for the death. Does manslaughter merit being kicked out of school. Probably.
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
gcruse

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Gideon wrote:
gcruse wrote:
Duke University redux?

Possible but in truth the guy really should be arrested for manslaughter he was at least 50% responsible for the death. Does manslaughter merit being kicked out of school. Probably.

He hasn't been convicted of anything, just like the LaCrosse players at Duke.
Back to top Go down
Gideon
Admin
Gideon

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Unlike the Duke Lacrosse players there is no doubt about his shooting of Trayvon. I can be of two minds on one hand he is innocent until found guilty and on the other hand he made such bad decisions in the run up to this shooting that he may be a danger to himself and others. This is a hard one all the way around.
Back to top Go down
https://heinleincentral.forumotion.com
gcruse

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Gideon wrote:
Unlike the Duke Lacrosse players there is no doubt about his shooting of Trayvon. I can be of two minds on one hand he is innocent until found guilty and on the other hand he made such bad decisions in the run up to this shooting that he may be a danger to himself and others. This is a hard one all the way around.
It may turn out to be, and looks to be pointing to, legitimate self defense. The college should have waited. If sent to prison, Zimmerman's dis-enrollment would have taken care of itself. If he is vindicated they'll have wronged a minority !!!
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:40 pm

The college is behaving as if Zimmerman is guilty of burning a Koran.

Zimmerman is not the only one being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion.

The issue at the center of this is whether or not the initial investigation and its conclusions were reasonable and correct. That investigation concluded there was insufficient evidence of law-breaking by Zimmerman to arrest, charge, prosecute, and obtain a conviction. Prosecutors advise against arresting and indicting someone they do not think they can convict.

Race baiting political opportunists, and the lynch mob they have created, have concluded the investigation was biased by the racism of LE officials and that Zimmerman was motivated by racism. In their mind Zimmerman and everyone in LE involved are racists who have covered up a racially motivated killing.

Few have seen that investigation and the full eyewitness statements. No "journalist" has. Nor has Al Sharpton, et al. And those that have are not talking about it much, if at all.

The bits and pieces that have leaked in the media have been variously outright wrong, contradictory, or inconclusive.

Back to top Go down
desertrat

desertrat

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:59 pm

I don't know anything about the makeup of Seminole College, but it occurred to me that the officials there might simply be terrified of the possibility of Zimmerman getting offed on their campus by some race warrior and all the subsequent publicity and possible lawsuits.
Back to top Go down
El Goodo

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:07 pm

desertrat wrote:
I don't know anything about the makeup of Seminole College, but it occurred to me that the officials there might simply be terrified of the possibility of Zimmerman getting offed on their campus by some race warrior and all the subsequent publicity and possible lawsuits.

That's what the wording of their statement led me to believe. Never underestimate the power of the mob, and I don't mean mafia.
Back to top Go down
NicknamedBob

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:44 pm

El Goodo wrote:
desertrat wrote:

That's what the wording of their statement led me to believe. Never underestimate the power of the mob, and I don't mean mafia.

Everything that defines a committee (in the negative sense) is multiplied by the numbers. A committee is an organism with multiple heads, and no brains.

Extended to a mob, the multiple heads have not only no brains, but also no morals or scruples.

(Additionally, because for protection from Zombies, there is strength in numbers; I postulate that forming a committee is the best defensive maneuver.)
Back to top Go down
Curr

Curr

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:14 pm

gcruse wrote:
Gideon wrote:
gcruse wrote:
Duke University redux?

He hasn't been convicted of anything, just like the LaCrosse players at Duke.
I rarely comment on news of this type as I'm lacking the key element that would allow me to "speak" with any conviction or intelligence...I have no direct knowledge of what exactly happened.

I haven't seen any real evidence beyond what has been reported to the public at large and there's too much "he said. she said".

I 'm a "just the facts Ma'am" guy and, IMO, there's too much framing of the "facts" by the agenda driven...on both sides of the argument.

I do know one thing...I'm pissed at the President for weighing in the way he has on a personal note...it's his job to lead the country and whether I like him or not, his words carry weight and are polarizing the country. Obama should have stayed above the fray, but since he didn't, his actions will do more harm than good. I especially deplore him not condemning the actions of the NBBP or not commenting about the almost 50 shootings (and ten deaths) in Chicago a couple of weekends ago...post racial, my ass.

I don't know enough about the FL "stand your ground" law to know if Zimmerman should be arrested for manslaughter.

This I also know:
Zimmerman killed Martin after an altercation/confrontation.
There's a 911 tape.
There's at least one witness.
LEO took Zimmerman to the station for questioning and apparently had enough evidence to release him.

I don't know if local police are truly competent, but I want to believe they are...doesn't mean they are, just want to believe and I've seen enough incompetence from the police over the years to know there's a possibility otherwise.

I was deployed to major urban areas in the turbulent 60's as part of Federal peacekeeping forces...I don't want to see it again. One breach of discipline, one mistake and things could get real nasty...I'm glad I live in a rural area.

If you have evidence that Zimmerman should be arrested for manslaughter, for God's sake send it in so we can get past this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College   George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College Empty

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman withdrawn [kicked out of] Seminole State College
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heinlein Central :: Political Discussion :: State and Local-
Jump to: